Saturday, April 27, 2013

Spell For Purifying and Protecting a Room/Living Space

Good evening my twitchy ones,

Tonight I have decided to share a spell from my own BOS with you. I know that being safe, and protection are extremely important for all creatures. As witches, we tend to rouse the attention of all manner of magic. Therefore, it is extremely important that we know how to guard ourselves. Of course this is not a one and done application. Spells need upkeep to ensure they are working properly. Maybe I'll remember to cover that in my next post. 

For this spell you will need:
  • Water (purification)
  • Salt (protection)
  • Basil (protection)
  • Chamomile (relaxing power of the sun)
  • Peppermint (purification)
  • A rose (pleasant feelings)
  • light blue candle (protection) 
Cast the circle, and invoke the Lord and Lady. Ask them to help you bless the items for your purpose. Pass your hands over the water with this incantation: "By the power and purity of water, granted by the Goddess, purify and renew the room which shall be anointed." 
Combine with salt and crushed rose petals saying: "to this element I combine, power simple, but divine. Blessed salt, mineral of earth, serve protection over this hearth. Rose petals from the Lady's lips fall from my fingertips and herein bring gentle joy and a sense of worth." 
Anoint the candle with basil, peppermint, and chamomile saying: "with this candle's flame we'll melt all the sneaky fears and doubts. Chamomile bring the sun's peaceful rays, and with peppermint to purify, basil seal and protect this charm and this occupant from any harm."

Light the candle and let burn while anointing the room with the protection mixture. When finished, snuff the candle. So mote it be. 

Now, there are so many different kinds of protections spells out there. All of them are a bit different. I wrote this particular spell for my sister. I meant it both to protect and uplift. She suffers from serious bouts of the blues. In any case, I hope you enjoy it. You can tweak it as you will. What are some of your favorite protection spells? 

Til next time lambs,

S

No comments:

Post a Comment