Monday, April 15, 2013

Springing!!!

Spring has definitely made her lovely face known in North Carolina. There is a quiet drizzle outside making the newly greened boughs dance. I have been longing for spring for what feels like a decade.  Having spent my formative years in Arizona, I do NOT like the cold that comes with Winter. As a witch I value it as a time for reflection, but mostly I just hibernate in the winter.

Spring, however, is another story. My moggies have newly awakened to the sun and they have been racing around the house like a pair of wolverines on a mission all morning!  They're currently engaged in a "battle to the death" in the kitchen and I can hear them squeaking at each other and chirping. They have gotten so big over the winter. When I got them they were barely the size of hamsters. Now they weigh about 8 lbs. In any case, enough gushing about Ralph and Henry!

Chris and I are reaching crunch time for getting the farm house habitable by June 15th! We have only 61 days until we get married! But luckily it doesn't seem so far away because I've loads of other things to look forward to! We will have little chicks hatching here pretty soon...if I calculated correctly they should arrive on Beltane! How marvelous is that?? Chris and I are going to have to come up with wonderfully magical names for our little peepers!

We're also planning a pre-honeymoon before the wedding. Since Chris is going to be in Law Enforcement, he probably won't have much time after the wedding. However, we're really looking forward to planning a couples camping trip with one of my closest friends and her new boyfriend (whom I've not met yet).

With so much excitement and Beltane looming, hopefully I won't feel too much foot- tapping trying to pass time til the wedding that I've been anticipating for over a year and a half!  Sadly, Chris and I are not literally tying the knot, as my Roman Catholic parents insisted on a "proper" wedding. On the bright side, it will be in NY which I love, and I will be able to see so many of my loving relatives.

Chris's family is rather miffed with the idea of a NY wedding, let alone a Catholic one. These country bumpkins have certainly gone out of their way to complicate things. They do not like me (of course I haven't yet even revealed myself as a witch to them!) and they make it abundantly clear that they only love Chris when they want something from him. I'm hoping that once Chris and I get settled into married life we can put some distance between us and them. I know it doesn't sound very loving, but they drive me mad and put so much unnecessary strain on the relationship between Chris and I. At least my mom isn't the stereotypical monster in-law. She's actually fairly chill.

Well, now that you're all up to date on my little life, perhaps I should write something of genuine interest in my next post. Until next time!

~Love and Cheer
S

No comments:

Post a Comment