Friday, February 8, 2013

Sleeeeeep

So, it is currently 1327 and I CANNOT sleep. I've tried it all. I have tried meditating, breathing deeply, and some herbal remedies. Nothing. No results and the ever elusive sleep. Of course, this only happens when I actually really need to sleep. I'm tired. No doubt about that. But I'm super nervous about tomorrow. Tomorrow I am attending a concealed carry class with my mother. I know, it sounds awful. Witches believe in the "harm none" rule. Perhaps that is why I am so nervous. I know my way around a gun. I've been target shooting with my dad for years...so why can't I sleep? Does believing in doing only good to people mean that I have to be passive when someone is doing harm to me? Just let it happen? I prefer to say no. With the amount of violence erupting sporadically through my country...once the land of the free and the home of the brave...currently the land of the impoverished and the home of the freaking out, I almost feel a duty to be able to protect those around me. So many tragedies just over the last few months and they seem to be increasing in number. Do we become a statistic for the love we have for life? Do we allow life around us to be threatened by a violent few? I suppose the stance of the majority would be whatever is best for the majority is what is morally correct. Thoughts?

~S

No comments:

Post a Comment